We are pleased to announce that we have signed an exclusive distribution agreement for the whole Italian territory with the Bionano Genomics company.
The technology developed by Bionano Genomics allows to see structural variations through optical mapping of the genome (GMO), with exceptional sensitivity and specificity.
Here are some of the many applications:
- diagnose genetic disorders by determining structural variations not detected by methods such as NGS and classical cytogenetic tests
- determine relevant mutations at a thousand times the resolution of the classic karyotype
- identify genes of interest, their location and understand how structural variations affect the development of therapies
- verify the stability of cell lines by analyzing the insertions and deletions introduced by the various steps of DNA replication
- determine somatic rearrangements in heterogeneous tumors
- evolutionary biology studies and more